Hello everyone, today in this article we will show you how to fix a slow Windows laptop. If your Windows laptop is not as fast as it used to be, there are many ways to make it run like new. By closing some applications, turning off power-saving mode, or upgrading the operating system, you can speed up a newer laptop. However, if you have an older laptop, you may need to replace the hard drive or memory cards. Here are the most common reasons why your Windows laptop may be slow and how you can speed it up. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Whether it occurs gradually over time or suddenly, trying to work with a slow computer can be really frustrating. Even if you are diligent enough in maintaining your laptop or PC, it is surprising how quickly things slow down. If you are using Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7 and wondering “Why is my laptop so slow?”, this post is for you! Fortunately, you do not have to abandon your computer. In fact, you can take several steps to improve your computer’s performance. With some simple decluttering and a few technical steps, even the slowest computer can get back to the way it was before. Before proceeding, we recommend you to update Windows laptop
How to Fix a Slow Windows Laptop
- Update and run your laptop’s virus scanner to remove viruses and spyware. Malware can use up your laptop’s CPU resources and slow down your laptop’s performance.
- Click the Start button, type “msconfig” and press the “Enter” key to launch the System Configuration screen. Navigate to the “Start Up” tab and remove the check in the box next to every item you don’t need running on your laptop. When you reboot your laptop, only the selected programs will start up, freeing up resources on your machine.
- Click the Start button, type “add or remove programs” and press the “Enter” key to launch the Add or Remove Programs screen. Click unneeded programs and then click “Uninstall” to free up space on your laptop’s hard drive.
- Click the Start button, type “disk cleanup” and press the “Enter” key to launch the Disk Cleanup utility. Place a checkmark in the box next to items you want to delete, and then click “OK” to clean up your laptop’s hard drive.
- Click the Start button, type “disk defragmenter” and press the “Enter” key to launch the Windows defragmenter utility. Select your laptop’s hard drive and click “Defragment disk” to consolidate files, which helps speed up the hard drive response time.
- Add more RAM memory to your laptop. This will provide more overall memory that allows your laptop to run multiple programs at once with more speed.
We hope you enjoy our article on How to Repair a Slow Windows Laptop. Information technology has penetrated deeply into many areas of our lives. Almost every modern person can hardly imagine themselves without devices such as smartphones, computers, laptops and so on. And if until recently a desktop computer was the limit of dreams, now this area has expanded tremendously. The era of portable devices, such as laptops, has arrived, and this is by no means a surprise. If you enjoyed our article, please share it with others.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix a Slow Windows Laptop.